Can you package your dog in a crate and put a shipping label on top? No. But can you use a trusted and reliable pet transport service to help safely have animals shipped to your door? Absolutely. Pet shipping services can help make travel logistics easy and safely get your pet to your front door.
Standard Transport Options for Your Dog
The first step to shipping a dog to your door is deciding what type of transit is best for you and your pet. First and foremost, think about your pet’s safety and well-being. Not every transit method will suit your pet or travel needs, so choose the safest and healthiest option for your dog.
- Airline – Air transport is safe, fast, and effective for small dogs. No matter how small, a dog cannot fly unaccompanied when traveling in the main cabin. If your dog is small enough to fit in a carrier under the seat, it can ride alongside a pet transporter. Some airlines will allow dogs checked in the cargo space to fly unaccompanied, but you’ll need a reliable pet transporter to meet your dog once the flight lands.
- Ground Transport – Although a conventional dog delivery won’t end up at your front door, it is possible to use ground transportation for pet transport. Ship your pet to your front door using either a standard vehicle or a train with the help of a pet transport service. Ground transportation is often highly cost-effective, safe, and perfect for larger dogs that can’t ride comfortably on an airplane.
- Air Nannies – Professional pet transporters accompanying your pet on the aircraft can help facilitate a pet shipment straight to your door. Although getting your pet directly delivered to you requires some additional transit logistics, air nannies can act as a stepping stone in the shipping process. Air nannies are particularly helpful when shipping a new puppy to its forever home.
- FedEx – While we rely on FedEx to help with everyday shipping logistics, the company has a strict policy against shipping pets like cats and dogs. FedEx has some rare exceptions when shipping lives aquatic animals, but shipping a dog is prohibited.
Pet Transportation Service: The Common Thread
No matter which transportation method you use, one common theme runs throughout. The only way to have your dog arrive at your front door is with the help of a pet transportation company. Trusted, safe, and cost-effective, a pet transport company can help streamline pet shipping logistics.
How Does It Work?
Pet transportation services help simplify pet travel logistics, making the process safe, streamlined, and easy. Professional services like CitizenShipper help connect pet owners with experienced pet transporters.
Signing up for the service is easy and always free. You’ll need to register and give us some basic information about your pet and travel needs. From there, we’ll connect you with experienced pet transporters that will provide customized price quotes for your trip.
You’ll get to discuss travel logistics with your pet transporter and establish a safe way to deliver your pet to your front door. CitizenShipper only charges a small fee based on the total distance traveled. You’ll decide on the cost of transport with your individual driver.
The rest is easy! Your transporter will pick up your pet, travel with your dog using the agreed transit method, and deliver your dog to your front door. While you’re not packing your dog in a crate and shipping them with FedEx, you’re still getting all-star treatment and the convenience of your pet delivered to your door.
What Are the Benefits of Pet Transport Services?
A pet transport service comes with some incredible benefits if you’re traveling, including:
- Hassle-free transport delivers your pet to your front door.
- Help manage complicated travel logistics, documentation, and necessary paperwork.
- Affordable transit option for large dogs or multiple pets.
- Guarantee pet delivery with booking assurance and continuous customer support.
Pet Shipping FAQs
Understanding a pet transporter’s role in the shipping process will better help you prepare and budget for your next journey. Pet shipping services can help facilitate a smooth process and keep your pet happy and healthy.
How much does it cost to ship a pet?
The cost to ship a pet includes several variables, like the type and size of your pet and the total distance your pet has to travel. The type of transportation you choose will also influence the price.
Typically, ground transportation is the most cost-effective option, with the ability to deliver your dog to your door. Air transport can be affordable for small dogs, but a transporter must accompany them safely to your home.
Are pet transport services worth it?
Pet transport services are an affordable, convenient, and safe way to transport your pet. Experienced pet transporters stay alongside your pet for every leg of their journey. Your pet receives custom care and attention throughout the trip to ensure your pet stays healthy, happy, and safe.
Traveling with a pet can be complicated, especially if you’re crossing between states or countries. Not only can a pet transporter help drive or fly with your pet, but they can tackle the necessary documentation and paperwork too. Let experienced professionals tackle the logistics and bring your pet to you.
How can I trust a pet transportation service?
With over 14 years of experience and more than 100,000,000 miles traversed, it’s easy to see why CitizenShipper is the preferred pet transporter. Every driver has a full background check and offers professional, custom care. Transporters have 24-hour access to TeleVet provided by FirstVet, promising professional veterinary care and triage throughout the journey. Drivers can get help if your pet experiences motion sickness, nausea, or behavior concerns. Every trip is backed by our $1,000 Pet Protection Plan, guaranteeing your pup stays safe.
While it may not be feasible to use a delivery system to ship your pet to your front door, you can rely on a trusted pet transportation service to travel safely alongside your pet. Professional pet transporters will travel via air or ground transport and safely deliver your pet to your home. With experienced drivers, pet protection plans, and 24-hour access to veterinary care, rest assured your pet will safely arrive.
Head of SEO and AI Officer at CitizenShipper. Marketing and product leader with over 14 years of experience, proficient in growth marketing, product management, and team development in fast-paced environments. Experienced in establishing and growing marketing functions and teams from the ground up.