The question, “Can you ship a full RV?” frequents the minds of many RV owners, particularly those planning a long-distance relocation or vacation. In this article, we’ll explore the intricacies of shipping a full RV, the considerations that need to be made, and the best way to ensure a safe and hassle-free journey for your beloved home-on-wheels.
Can You Ship a Full RV? Exploring the Possibilities
Yes, you can ship a full RV. However, it’s crucial to understand that shipping a full RV involves a significant amount of planning, logistics, and adherence to strict regulations. The size and weight of the RV, the distance to be covered, and the items inside the RV are all important factors that influence the shipping process.
The first step is to thoroughly inspect your RV, ensuring it is in good working condition and ready for the journey. Remove any loose items and secure all internal fixtures and fittings. It’s also advisable to drain all the fluids (including water tanks and propane) to prevent any spillage or potential fire hazards during transit.
Methods of Shipping a Full RV
Several methods to ship a full RV include self-driving, hiring a professional driver, or using a transport trailer. Each has pros and cons, and the right choice depends on your budget, timeline, and personal preferences.
Self-driving is an option if you’re comfortable maneuvering the vehicle and have the time for a road trip. However, it’s not the most efficient or stress-free method, especially for longer distances.
Hiring a professional driver can be a more practical option. They have the necessary experience and knowledge to handle the vehicle safely. This method saves you time and reduces wear and tear on your RV.
Ship anything safely, from pets to cars, motorcycles, furniture and much more with trusted drivers.We’ll keep your email safe & you can unsubscribe any time.
Using a transport trailer is another viable method, particularly for larger RVs. It involves loading your RV onto a trailer and having it transported. While this can be costlier, it ensures your RV arrives at its destination in the same condition it left, with no additional mileage or wear and tear.
Choosing the Right Shipping Company
Selecting the right shipping company is crucial when considering shipping a full RV. Ensure the company has a good reputation, comprehensive insurance, and experience in handling RVs.
At CitizenShipper, we offer a network of trusted, vetted transporters specializing in shipping an RV. Our competitive bidding process ensures you get the best price, while our review system allows you to see what past customers have to say about their experiences.
How To Prepare Your RV for Shipping
Preparing your RV for shipping is a crucial step to ensure a smooth transition. Here are some tips to get your RV ready for the journey:
- Check and Secure the Interior: Remove loose items that could move around during transport. Secure all cabinets and drawers, and make sure all appliances are turned off and unplugged. This will prevent any internal damage during the journey.
- Exterior Checks: Ensure all doors, windows, and hatches are securely closed and locked. Remove any loose exterior items, such as antennas or satellite dishes, that could get damaged or cause problems during transport.
- Maintenance Checks: Check your RV’s tires, brakes, and lights. If your RV is being driven to its destination, it needs to be roadworthy. Any mechanical issues should be fixed before the journey to prevent breakdowns.
- Clean and Empty Tanks: Empty all tanks in your RV, including water, sewage, and propane. Many transport companies require this as part of their policies.
Understanding the Costs Involved in Shipping an RV
Shipping an RV can be a significant expense, but understanding the costs can help you budget accordingly. The cost to ship an RV depends on several factors:
- Distance: The longer the distance, the higher the cost. Transport companies usually charge per mile for long distances.
- Size and Weight of the RV: Larger and heavier RVs are more expensive to ship due to the increased fuel usage and the specialized equipment required for transport.
- Method of Transport: Driving the RV will be cheaper than using a transport trailer, but it adds mileage and wear and tear to the vehicle.
- Insurance: Insurance is vital to protect your RV during transport. Some companies include insurance in their quote, while others charge it as an additional fee.
FAQs About Shipping a Full RV
Is It Safe to Ship a Full RV?
Yes, it’s safe provided that you use a reputable and experienced shipping company. They will have the necessary equipment and expertise to handle your RV with care.
How Much Does It Cost to Ship a Full RV?
The cost varies depending on the distance, size and weight of your RV, and the method of transport. It’s best to get quotes from several companies to compare prices.
Can I Leave My Belongings in the RV During Shipping?
While it’s technically possible, it’s usually not recommended due to the risk of damage or loss. It’s best to remove all personal items and secure all internal fixtures.
Shipping a full RV is certainly possible and can be a stress-free process with careful planning and the right shipping company. At CitizenShipper, we specialize in connecting you with reliable transporters who can safely ship your RV to its destination. Choose CitizenShipper for a secure and efficient RV shipping experience.
Meta Description: Learn if you can ship a full RV, how to prepare your RV for shipping, understand the costs, and why CitizenShipper is your best choice for RV shipping.
Rochdi Rais is a senior editor and author at CitizenShipper. He has been a senior editor for ParadiseMedia, USA Herald, and more. He also loves writing about himself in 3rd person.